SAN DIEGO RESIDENTIAL WINDOW TINTING
Eco Tint And Shade provides professional and affordable residential window tinting throughout San Diego County. We use only high quality window films that block up to 99.9% of UV rays from top brands such as Vista, LLumar, HanitaTek and Suntek (Suntek blocks 99% of UV rays).
BENEFITS OF TINTING YOUR HOME’S WINDOWS
Protect Your Home’s Interior
Windows are a predominant feature in most San Diego homes. Since we are blessed with sunshine most of the year, and being near the equator, our light can be very intense. The purpose of residential window film is to help lessen the intensity, and in doing so, it lessens the amount of UV rays that enter our home which helps regulate the levels of heat and light passing through glass. It’s these rays (also called burning rays) that cause fading in your interior furnishings & window coverings. You may notice your wood floors are lighter near windows, the back of your blinds or shutters have faded, or the fabric on your sofa has lost its luster. Tinting your windows helps protect against premature fading and allows your interior furnishings to retain their color brilliance.
Residential window tinting is recognized as an energy-efficient product and with today’s focus is on “being green”, it is a viable contender with other energy-efficient products. Residential window film conserves energy by reflecting the hot sun in the summer, and with EnerLogic’s Low E film, re-radiating heat that would normally escape in winter, saving you money on your energy bills. So whether you live by one of San Diego’s beautiful beaches or inland, window tinting is the perfect solution no matter the location.
Mirror window tinting and energy-efficient film are effective in cutting glare and reflection so you’re more comfortable in your home.
If you are unfamiliar with the properties of window film, here are facts that you will find interesting:
- Window tint consist of multiple layers of polyester film laminated together to form a tough, durable product. It comes in a range of colors from clear to medium and deeper shades of grey, blue, or light green seen in some spectrally select films.
- Window tinting is clear and distortion free and is applied with a dry adhesive that allows the film to bond with the glass. This makes for a very strong bond, offers excellent clarity and has greater longevity versus pressure sensitive adhesives.
- Window tint will not change color. Dyes are no longer used in the film making process. So the purple or dark blue films you have seen on cars, do not apply to residential or commercial films thanks to Vista’s innovative technology.
- Since window tinting bonds to the glass, depending on the film you choose, there is little or no visible change to your windows.
- Residential window tinting is best installed by professionals. Today’s window films offer a lifetime warranty on the film and installation. How many products that you purchase offer such a warranty?
- Window tinting reduces the harsh light and glare that filters through your windows. It cuts back on eye strain especially when watching TV or working on a computer.
- Window film is a carbon-neutral product. It delivers 7 times the energy saving benefits per dollar spent compared with installing replacement windows.
- Residential window tinting helps maintain a consistent temperature so heating and cooling systems work efficiently, reducing hot spots and saving on energy bills.
- Vista is the first film to be recommended by the Skin Cancer Foundation. With their UV Shield technology (made specifically for indoors), it is an effective means of protecting against the sun’s harmful UV rays. UV exposure is the leading cause of skin cancer and melanoma. One out of five Americans is diagnosed with skin cancer.
Other Window Film Applications for Homes:
Contact Eco Tint and Shade at 858-332-1650 for a free consultation and estimate for residential window tinting for your San Diego home!